Are you thinking about selling?
You may be ready, but is your house ready to be put on the Market? As a REALTOR, we want to share some tips with you based on buyer feedback that will help sell your home quickly and get top dollar asking price. Here are some things that a homeowner may miss, but a potential buyer notices immediately.
SPRING CLEAN YOUR HOME:
- Clean Windows
- Fresh Paint
- Clean Grout in kitchens and bathrooms
- Have the carpets professionally cleaned
- Replace furnace filters
SPRUCE UP THE LANDSCAPING:
- Mow the lawn
- Plant flowers
- Trim bushes and trees
- Fresh Mulch
- Pressure wash home and deck
- Pack away winter clothes
- Sell or donate items that you don’t use
- Pack personal cherished belongings and valuable items
- Stage the cabinets, shelves, and closets
COLOR COLOR COLOR:
- Buy new bedding with pillows that incorporates fresh bold color
- Replace the old heavy drapes with light curtains
- Add pops of color by painting older furniture
- Replace towels, shower curtains and bathrugs
- Beige is OUT….It is ok to go a bit bold with color (just don’t go overboard!!) Make sure the colors compliment each other and flow throughout the home.